The jobtracker is running in another machine (node C)

Hassen

Which scheduler are you using?

-Joey

On Mar 3, 2012, at 18:52, Hassen Riahi <hassen.ri...@cern.ch> wrote:

Hi all,

We tried using mapreduce to execute a simple map code which read a txt file stored in HDFS and write then the output. The file to read is a very small one. It was not split and written entirely and only in a single datanode (node A). This node is configured also as a tasktracker node While we was expecting that the location of the map execution is node A (since the input is stored there), from log files, we see that the map was executed in another tasktracker (node B) of the cluster.
Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help!
Hassen