Thanks a lot Bejoy!
The Web UI does give me start and finish times, but I was wondering if
there is
a way to access these stats through an API, without having to grep through
HTML.

The "hadoop jobs -status" API was useful, but it doesn't seem to list wall
completion times.
(It does give me CPU time though). Am I missing something?

--
Bharath Ravi