Hi,

You can use two options:
- From operational point of view, using JobTracker link (you can open it in
a browser). Here you can see the current running progress which shows you
the number of tasks and related counters as well
- From coding point of view, you can use Job.getNumReduceTasks() (name of
API might not be exactly same). Basically, for a running job, these
statistics should be associated with a "Job", so check the API's related to
"Job"

--
Regards,
Piyush Kansal