Please note the number of instance are 6 and not 1

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: shrish bajpai
Sent: 30/04/2012 15:38
To: mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Throwable child error

Hi All,

I am trying to run map-reduce job using "Elastic MapReduce" but I am getting
the following errors:

java.lang.Throwable: Child Error
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:271)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status of 137.
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:258)

Too many fetch-failures

java.lang.Throwable: Child Error
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:271)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status of 134.
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:258)

However this job is running absolutely fine using same type of instances on EC2
(except that in case of EC2 the data is stored in the local instance volume).
For both the cases I used the following configuration:

instances type: m1.small
number of instances: 1
data set: 10gb of data with files of 10 mb each.
Bootstrap settings:
-m mapred.child.java.opts=-Xmx1024m -m mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum=2
-m mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum=1

Further to this, I also ran the same job using m1.large instances on EMR and it
ran absolutely fine.