Hi,

I am building a MapReduce application that constructs the adjacency list of
a graph from an input edge list. I noticed that my Reduce phase always
hangs (and timeout eventually) as it calls the function
context.write(Key_x,Value_x) when the Value_x is a very large ArrayWritable
(around 4M elements). I have increased both "mapred.task.timeout" and the
Reducers memory but no luck; the reducer does not finish the job. Is there
any other data format that supports large amount of data or should I use my
own "OutputFormat" class to optimize writing the large amount of data?

Thank you.
Zuhair Khayyat