I don't quite get what you mean - we don't have such a flaw. The first
split task makes sure to read one extra record, even if its last byte
is a newline. The subsequent splits (that is, those with offsets not
0), always ignore the first record even if it is complete in their
given range.

You may read the implementation by following the sources I've linked
here:
http://search-hadoop.com/m/veN7E1gWbij/linereader&subj=Re+DFS+and+the+RecordReader
from similar questions asked in past.

--