        -----Original Message-----
        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Adam Feidt
        Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 8:43 AM
        To: Fawcett, David; mapserver-users@lists.osgeo.org
        Subject: RE: [mapserver-users] symbology showing line direction

        David,

             Below is my Layer definition.  I've tried a truetype symbol
and label with the ANGLE parameter set to AUTO or FOLLOW.  Neither case
pointed out actual shapefile line direction.  I'm reading an ESRI
shapefile so there is no specific column for line direction.

        LAYER

                    NAME 'Utilities Sanitary Lines'

                    DATA './UtilitiesSanitaryLines.shp'

                    TYPE LINE