I'll be on the plane all day tomorrow, on my way to DC for the PostgreSQL East conference. If I don't reply, it's not personal. :)

P Kishor wrote:
yikes! The ms2 version is fugly.

M hm. This is the first time we've ever compared the PNG with the Mapserver output side by side, especially in a situation where the raster has text in it, so I'm also surprised!

This sounds really silly, but have you tried with exactly the same
image in both instances? That is, not the sliced version for
MapServer, but exactly the same one you have for Google Maps?

The one I'm given for use in Mapserver, is the same PNG except left whole and with a world file added. The "plain PNG" version is sliced for use in a GTileoverlay, but is otherwise the same.

Or did I misunderstand the question?

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth, BS, A+
System Administrator

 only if you can restore." - AMANDA