Jay Kapalczynski wrote:
I am trying to figure out what I need to do/install/run to create a .qix file (tile index) for a few of my shapefiles.
I have looked this up on a few pages and still am confused.

Example:
   shptree streets.shp
That will create streets.qix

Note that for Mapserver (rather, OGR) to USE the qix file, you must not specify the .shp extension in your DATA statement. If you do, the qix will simply be skipped. e.g.
   DATA "data/streets/streets.shp"
should be:
   DATA "data/streets/streets"
(someone correct me if this has changed)

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth, BS, A+
System Administrator

 only if you can restore." - AMANDA