Christopher Schmidt wrote:
Er, it looks like you didn't use gzip to unpack it yet? "gzipped" is
like "zipped"... You'll need to unzip... (doing that works for me.)

Regards,

Thanks for the reply. I'm stymied by this. I was
using WinZip, which uncompressed with no
error messages, but the file was apparently
corrupted. Now I tried gzip32.exe in a command
prompt and get the exact same results. I am using
the -d switch.

Very peculiar because I know I have successfully
done this before with other gzip files.

Oh well, if it works every time - it isn't a computer :-)

Mike

This is the beginning of the file I get:

‹Þº’Hÿ/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/mapserver-users/2008-July.txt
ì½yâF¶0üwëS
Ôxò´ñ v¦
[EMAIL PROTECTED],™éÜÛNÇ©ö:uêìçÔuFâÜœºÖØ×Û¦õ»0}ѳ¬¡3™X#xšê
M]³3´ô�3}Ðû®·SKü0
‘™l5_®²ÂÈdÊÚ)4VÝ°µÄaýÃíiª\ÿ©~híFó?ïdw‡ÆÉÝqó¶ywqxœ;lTz¶o¹î¡Ñ<4N
[EMAIL PROTECTED]