Hello list,

trying to set up a multi-map service based WMS mapservices and OpenLayers, I would like to retrieve user-defined meta information from a map via the GetCapabilities request.

For example, if I define

   METADATA
      WMS_TITLE                   "Palliativstationen"
      WMS_ONLINERESOURCE          "http://gis.local/wms/palliativ";
      WMS_SRS                     "epsg:31468"

      WMS_SHOW_QUERY_IN           "large_popup"

    END

I would like to retrieve the value "large_popup" of WMS_SHOW_QUERY_IN through the GetCapabilities call. The background idea is that this information could be used by my application but should not harm other people's use of the WMS service.

Is there any viable way to accomplish this with a mapserver based WMS service?

Regards - Markus