I would like to have a FILTER section in my layer definition of an ArcSDE layer
where I formulate a "WHERE NAME LIKE ...". The problem is, is that Mapserver
defines variables using %variable%, and the "%" is also used as a wild card in
SQL-Server, which is what we use for SDE.

The Layer defition is:

LAYER
  NAME road
  TYPE LINE
  UNITS METERS
  STATUS ON
  CONNECTIONTYPE SDE
  CONNECTIONTYPE PLUGIN
  CONNECTION "esri-arcsde,port:nnnn,sde_crs,user,passwd"
  PLUGIN "c:/ms4w/apache/specialplugins/msplugin_sde_91.dll"
  DATA "sde_crs.SDEADMIN.CRS_ROAD,SHAPE"
  FILTER "WHERE NAME LIKE '%" + %road% + "%'"

  # data is queryable
  DUMP TRUE

Is there any solution to this?

Many thanks,

Robert Sanson
The contents of this email are confidential to AsureQuality. If you have
received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and
delete the message and any attachments. The opinions expressed in this email
are not necessarily those of AsureQuality. This message has been scanned for
known viruses before delivery. AsureQuality supports the Unsolicited Electronic
Messages Act 2007. If you do not wish to receive similar communications in
future, please notify the sender of this message.