Greetings!

We are using MapServer 5.2.0, and we've got a long line to render with labels.

The CLASS goes as:
        CLASS
                NAME                    "Local Road (2.5K)"
                MINSCALEDENOM           2500
                MAXSCALEDENOM           5000
                EXPRESSION              "3430"
                STYLE
                        WIDTH           8
                        COLOR           96 96 96
                END
                STYLE
                        WIDTH           6
                        COLOR           255 255 255
                END
                LABEL
                        ANGLE           FOLLOW
                        PRIORITY        8
                        ENCODING        "UTF-8"
                        COLOR           0 0 0
                        OUTLINECOLOR    255 255 255
                        TYPE            TRUETYPE
                        FONT            arial
                        SIZE            7
                        POSITION        CC
                        PARTIALS        FALSE
                        MINDISTANCE     10
                        BUFFER          1
                        #MINFEATURESIZE AUTO
                END
        END

And we've got the attached image in result.

However, the image isn't what we were expecting. We expect that there should be 3 to 4 labels along the line, since it's long enough to hold them, and the MINDISTANCE is just 10 pixels. We've tried to change the POSITION to left aligned, but still have the same resulting image.

What exactly goes wrong here? Or we've just misunderstood something?