Hi

Here's how the layer looks in my mapfile:
layer
 name abc
 connectiontype postgis
 connection "user= user dbname=xyz host=localhost"
 type point
 tolerance 20
   group world
   dump true
   METADATA
      "wfs_title" "Factbook Metadata"
      "gml_include_items" "all"
      "wms_feature_info_mime_type" "text/html"
   END
   template "template.html"
   projection
     "init=epsg:4326"
   end
   transparency 65
   status on
 data "topology from tablename using unique id using SRID = -1"
 classitem "veg_class"
       class
               name "AGRICULTURE"
               expression "AGRICULTURE"
               style
                       symbol 'custom_icon'
                       size 20
                       color 179 189 209
                       outlinecolor 000 000 000
               end
       end
end

Status is on and template is defined.
Am i missing something else?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Subha
Steve Lime wrote:
For a layer to be queryable you have to:

  1 - either set Status DEFAULT, or explicitly turn it on (e.g. layer=abc)
  2 - define the layer TEMPLATE property

Are those true?

Steve

Subha Ramakrishnan <su...@gslab.com> 03/13/09 12:38 AM >>>
Hi,

I am also facing a similar problem. It doesn't throw an error but it doesn't give me a result either.

My url looks like this :
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?MAP=abc.map&MODE=nquery&LAYERS=abc&imgext=8920506.9477+3496535.4213+8954750.736418456+3530779.2100573704&imgbox=657+209+686+239&imgxy=670+230

The extent given here is within  the map extent.
Can you please tell me if there's some mistake here?

Thanks a lot.

Subha

Steve Lime wrote:
Nquery doesn't require qstring validation. What does your URL look like?

Steve

Rui Gomes <ruijgo...@gmail.com> 03/12/09 9:42 PM >>>
I try to use the nquery function and i recived the follow error message:

mapserv(): Web application error. Metadata qstring_validation_pattern
is not set.

To avoid this i insert in the mapfile the follow lines inr the layer i
want to query:

METADATA
          qstring_validation_pattern '.'
END

What this lines means. Why i have to put it?

Thanks