Hello all,

Is there any way in which the rendering order of objects in a layer can be determined by mapserver?

For example, I want to ensure that major roads (highways, arterials) are rendered after local/minor/unimproved roads when all are rendered as a single layer; which tends to make joins between them look much nicer if the major roads are rendered first.

This is for vector data coming from postgis, which ultimately results in executing the query on a view. I hesitate to fiddle with forcing index use here as I would think the gist queries on the geometry field would come into play. However, the results in the query seem to drop by chance regardless if the order of CLASS sections in the mapfile (which is what I would expect).

Regards,
David