G'day all,

using mapserver 5.4 as a WMS server (to an openlayers application) I don't seem to be able to get any scaling of labels.

If I set SIZE 10, they are 10 pixel. If I don't set any size params, they are 4. If I set minsize, they are minsize (but the ALIGN is poor). if I set minsize 8 and size 10, they are size 10 and the ALIGN is pretty good.

I'm actually projecting a network graph, so it would be good to be able to see the priority labels when zoomed out, and the others when zoomed in, but at a legible (and sensible) size.

I'm not sure where to start - is it MapServer, WMS, OpenLayers, or a false sense I had that this was how it should work...

cheers

Ben

(Mapfile layer (it's postgis):

        NAME "titles"
        DEBUG 2
        GROUP "Nodes"
        SIZEUNITS PIXELS
        METADATA
            layer_title "titles"
            layer_order "1"
                        "wms_title" "titles"
                        "wms_srs"             "EPSG:4326"
                        "wms_group_title" "Nodes"
        END
        DATA "polys FROM (
SELECT n.id, n.title, n.description, colourhex, n.geom, n.rating,
                        setsrid(n.polygeom, 4326) as polys
                        FROM nodes n
                        LEFT OUTER JOIN categories c
                        ON n.category::int = c.id
                        AND c.del = 0
                        WHERE n.del = 0
                                AND n.graphid = %GRAPHID%
        ) AS foo USING UNIQUE id USING srid=4326"
        TYPE ANNOTATION
        STATUS ON
        LABELITEM "title"
        LABELCACHE ON