Hi,

I don't think there is any MapServer-specific raster size limit. I have successfully drawn (very) bigtiff images (~ 30 GB each) with MapServer, gdal and libgeotiff that were compiled against libtiff 4.

Christy

Rodríguez wrote:
Hi everyone,
             We are planning to buy a huge raster file (9 GB) but before buying
it we would need to know if mapserver can deal with this kind of images ( that
large).
I was reading the mapserver documentation but I couldn't find anything regarding this. Is there any limitation with the image size or just those given by the image format ( for example the 4GB Geotiff limit)?
       Thanks in advance , regards.

Lic. Heraldo G. Rodriguez
  hrodrig...@siscat.com.ar
  TEL: 54-11-4326-4002 int 255