Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
Hi,
Just the same for me and our Windows server 2003, SP2. I unzipped everything to d:\ms4w as usual, but Apache does not start. Error message is “The system cannot execute the specified program”. -Jukka Rahkonen-
    *Lähettäjä:* mapserver-users-boun...@lists.osgeo.org
    [mailto:mapserver-users-boun...@lists.osgeo.org] *Puolesta *Lars
    Westerlind
    *Lähetetty:* 22. syyskuuta 2009 12:30
    *Vastaanottaja:* Lars Westerlind; mapserver-users@lists.osgeo.org
    *Aihe:* SV: [mapserver-users] Upgrading ms4w setup.exe installer -
    continued

    Current position:

    On my Windows server 2003, SP2, MS4W 3.0 simply does not install.

    I make a new download of the  zipfile and expand it as C:/ms4w … I
    copy msvcr90.dll from cgi-bin to a directory in the “path”. Still, I
    get “The system cannot execute the specified program”.

    Using dependency walker on httpd.exe, I get errors on loading
    IESHIMS.DLL and WER.DLL which both are probably not required
    (delay-load). And msvcr90 was fixed with above action. Still, this
    program says

    *Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for
    "c:\ms4w\apache\bin\HTTPD.EXE" contains errors. This application has
    failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.
    Reinstalling the application may fix this problem (14001).*

    *Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for
    "c:\ms4w\apache\bin\LIBHTTPD.DLL" contains errors. This application
    has failed to start because the application configuration is
    incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem (14001).*

    *Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for
    "c:\ms4w\apache\bin\LIBAPRUTIL-1.DLL" contains errors. This
    application has failed to start because the application
    configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix
    this problem (14001).*

    *Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for
    "c:\ms4w\apache\bin\LIBAPRICONV-1.DLL" contains errors. This
    application has failed to start because the application
    configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix
    this problem (14001).*

    *Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for
    "c:\ms4w\apache\bin\LIBAPR-1.DLL" contains errors. This application
    has failed to start because the application configuration is
    incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem (14001).*

    *Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.*

    I’ve tried with the standard looks of the configuration from the
    download, and know nothing about any “application configuration”
    that could be wrong.

    The download works well on my Windows XP-system, and the old ms4w
    installed using the windows installer works well on this Windows
    2003 server.

Lars & Jukka,

-jeff

--