Thank you. That was the key. I have it working now.
I'll write some bugs against the docs and another issue I found tomorrow.

It looks like templates without a path are not searched for in the SHAPEPATH which would be a logical place for at least query templates as they are directly related to the shapefile layers they present data for.

Appreciate all the help support you provide.

Best regards,
  -Steve W

Daniel Morissette wrote:
Stephen Woodbridge wrote:

And I get this response:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no" ?>
<!DOCTYPE ServiceExceptionReport SYSTEM "http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.1.0/exception_1_1_0.dtd";>
<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.0">
<ServiceException>
msReturnPage(): Web application error. Malformed template name (parcels.hdr).
</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

This error is probably related to the template filename extension filter: .hdr is not a valid extension. Try renaming the file to parcels_hdr.html.

I believe there is a mechanism to specify a different template filename filter in your mapfile, but I can't remember what it is or find a ref to it at the moment. We could probably use better docs for this.

Daniel