From: mapserver-users-boun...@lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapserver-users-boun...@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Berend Veldkamp
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 6:22 AM
To: mapserver-users@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [mapserver-users] queryByAttributes syntax

Hi,

Where can I find more information about the queryByAttributes() function? I
found http://mapserver.org/mapscript/php/index.html#layerobj-class , but it is
not very detailed. By trial and error I found that for a PostGIS layer, I
should use this syntax:

layer.queryByAttributes(map, null, "myfield='searchValue'",
mapscript.MS_MULTIPLE);

but for shapefiles, it seems it should be:

layer.queryByAttributes(map, "myfield", "searchValue", mapscript.MS_MULTIPLE);

I am trying to write some generic code, but that's hard if there is no single
way to call this method. Also, I haven't found a way yet to do a partial match
on a shapefile (PostGIS supports 'LIKE')

Regards,
Berend Veldkamp