stefanoferri wrote:
Im sill having problems .... labelcache_map_edge_buffer "-10" remove the
labels close to the border... but i would like to have these icons... :(...
Why if i use wms instead of &mode=tile&tilemode=gmap&tile it works fine ?
thanks

When you use mode=tile, the software has to adjust the extents of the the image to fit to a tile. The image that you see in the browser is actually many tiles placed side by side.

Because labels are dynamically positioned based on what other stuff is being display, there is a possibility for labels to move and there are lots of parameters that control some of the position issues with labels like:

partial false
position auto

and there are some metadata parameters like labelcache_map_edge_buffer and probably some others.

Mapserver does not know what or how it drew the tiles adjacent to the one it is currently drawing. For example if you have a lone horizontal line that crosses many tiles and each tile draws it, should they all label it or only some of them? The way we make this look good is to use metatiles, these are large images made up of many tiles that are rendered and then chopped into tiles. this way we can draw more like a single image WMS and mapserver controls labels based on this large image and avoids labeling near the edges so labels to not get truncated between tiles that lie on adjacent metatiles.

Mode tile does not give you this option. It is planned to add WMS-C tile caching to mapserver 6.0, and in this you would get the ability to use metatiles.

Sorry I don't think you can do what you want with mode=tile at the moment, but I would defer to others that might be more knowledgeable on mode=tile.

-Steve W