Dear list,
recently, I found an article that describes how to integrate an image file as a
legend for the mapserver [1]. This exactly what I was searching for, therefore,
I pasted the following lines into my mapfile (with some modifications for
legendurl_href, of course). However, the map still shows the "normal" mapserver
legend and not the desired image. The extra lines that are mentioned in the
article mentioned before are:

Metadata
wms_style "default"
wms_style_default_legendurl_height "174"
wms_style_default_legendurl_width "270"
wms_style_default_legendurl_href
"http://yourwebserver/Suriname_legend.jpg";
wms_style_default_legendurl_format "image/jpeg"
END

I would be very happy to receive some comments or ideas on this issue.

Best regards,
Wolfgang

[1]
http://www.onegeology.com/docs/technical/Onegeology_CookBookV1.0_Guidebook.pdf