Hello Peter,

Thanks for pointing out these documentation errors. My comments are inline below:

geep999 wrote:
Hi,

1/ I'm a new user of Mapserver on Slackware Linux fighting against the
tutorial.
Examples 1-5 to 1-8 are broken on http://demo.mapserver.org and locally on
http://localhost

msLoadSymbolSet(): Unknown identifier. First token must be SYMBOLSET, this
doesn't look like a symbol file.

I fixed these examples on my own mapserver by adding SYMBOLSET as first line
of symbols35.sym
Perhaps somebody could fix the official version.

Fixed.  Please verify.

2/ Example 1-9 doesn't exist.

3/ Examples 2.1 to 2.5 are all broken, and I don't know where to get the
source of the examples to try them myself.
(example2.map and example2-1.html through example2-5.html

Same error as above:
msLoadSymbolSet(): Unknown identifier. First token must be SYMBOLSET, this
doesn't look like a symbol file.

Fixed.  Please verify.

4/ The link on this page - http://mapserver.org/introduction.html#how-do-i-get-help http://mapserver.org/introduction.html#how-do-i-get-help - to "Search the archives" - http://www.nabble.com/MapServer-f1214.html
http://www.nabble.com/MapServer-f1214.html  is just wrong.
The link points to some Spanish guys, seemingly chattng about seeds.

Fixed.  (no more frustrated MapServer users reading about seeds, ha)

5/ This isn't the best introduction in the world to new users of mapserver.
Hope someone can fix these niggles as mapserver deserves it.

We'll try to give it some love.  Thanks for the feedback!

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/