Dear list members,

I am having trouble with parsing the GetCapabilities response from my WFS services:

If I send a GetCapabilities-request indicating VERSION=1.0.0 – metadata having non ascii characters (like characters with accent) are parsed without any problem. But indicating VERSION=1.1.0 or omitting this parameter causes a parsing error at the first ‘strange’ character encountered. Is there anything I can do about that?
Both, GetFeature and DescribeFeatureType work just fine with any version.

Question nº 2 – data type is always string:
In response to a DescribeFeatureType request, the server returns data type ‘string’ for all fields. I wonder if I can specify the real data type somehow?? This would allow thick clients to apply filter expressions on this layer.

Mapserver 5.2.1 on Windows (MS4W installation)
The layers are generated from PostGIS tables.

Any comments are appreciated.
Best regards,
Stefanie