I would pre-render all of my hillshades and then add them as simple raster
layers.

David.

From: mapserver-users-boun...@lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapserver-users-boun...@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of David Hildebrand
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 6:25 PM
To: mapserver-users@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [mapserver-users] DEM display

I have an SRTM file in TIF format which I want to display in a shaded relief
but I'm not sure of the approach I should take.  Do I need to define classes
and symbols for the layer (that would not help for the hillshade) or should I
execute a script (PERL) on the server to create the image I need on the fly?

Thanks for the tips.

===========================
David V. Hildebrand
Agriculture Financial Services Corporation
(403) 782-8239

www.afsc.ca<about:www.afsc.ca> <http://www.afsc.ca<http://www.afsc.ca/>>
addressed, and may contain confidential, personal and/or privileged
information. Please contact Agriculture Financial Services Corporation
immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do
not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received
in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed. Please consider
the environment before printing this email.