Hi all,

Packages of beta 3 for openSUSE are up:

http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=mapserver&baseproject=openSUSE%3A11.4&lang=en&include_home=true&exclude_debug=true

Regards,
Angelos

On 03/23/2011 11:45 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:
The MapServer Team is pleased to announce the release of MapServer 6.0.0-beta3. This is the latest beta on our way to a final 6.0 release. We realize that it comes only 5 days after beta2, but it also contains several important fixes and we encourage you to test it and continue to provide feedback.

The 6.0 release introduces important changes in key components of the MapServer core (rendering, query and expressions), and for this reason we count on you, MapServer power users, to help test the release in your respective environments and provide feedback (through the users list or Trac tickets).

This is the third of four planned beta releases and if all goes well a final release should occur around the end of April. The full release plan which also includes the list of new features and changes in this release is available at:
  http://mapserver.org/trunk/development/release/release-plan-6.0.html

The list of fixes since beta1 is attached at the end of this message. For a complete list see the HISTORY.TXT file at:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/tags/rel-6-0-0-beta3/mapserver/HISTORY.TXT

We have started working on a 5.6 -> 6.0 migration guide. This document contains important notes on backwards incompatibilities or other changes required when upgrading to 6.0. It is not complete yet but we strongly recommend that you review the latest version online at:

    http://mapserver.org/trunk/MIGRATION_GUIDE.html

The source for this release can be downloaded at:

    http://mapserver.org/download.html
or
    http://download.osgeo.org/mapserver/mapserver-6.0.0-beta3.tar.gz

The binary distributions listed in the download page should be updated with binaries for the new beta release in the next day or so.

Once again we need your help to ensure a high quality product, so please help out by testing your applications with this new code base.

Thanks! - The MapServer Team

Version 6.0.0-beta3 (2011-03-23)
--------------------------------

- apply min/max size/width style values to polygon spacing (vaguely related
  to #3132)

- assure that a created tile has a non-zero width and height (#3370)

- use png_sig_cmp instead of png_check_sig (#3762)

- Rendering: scale style OFFSET and GAP the same way we scale other style
attributes. Beforehand, we scaled them proportionaly to the computed width.

- KML: fix rounding problem for point feautres (#3767)

- KML: update code to reflect output changes. Fix true type symbols. (#3766)

- SLD: Text Symbolizer now uses the new expression syntax (#3757)

- WFS: correct bbox values for GetFeature with featureid request (#3761)

- Mapscript Seg Fault on mapObj->getMetaData (#3738)

- Correct double free in msCleanup().

- Initialize default formats in WCS.

- Fix csharp Makefile.in (#3758)

- Allow run-time subs in class->text (makes sense if you allow it in
  class->expression).

- Fix build problem when --enable-cgi-cl-debug-args is enabled (#2853)

Angelos Tzotsos
Remote Sensing Laboratory
National Technical University of Athens
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos