Hi Users

I would like to render a vector symbol along the line in a layer. This vector symbol should be rotated according to orientation of linesegments (for example a arrow along one way street). When I use negative GAP with truetype symbol it work perfectly but I have probelms with vector symbols to rotate them.

I use this definition of Symbol but it doesn't work:

SYMBOL
    NAME "testsymbol"
   TYPE VECTOR
  POINTS
    5 0
    2 1
    0 2.5
    2 4
    5 5
    5 5
    2 6
    0 7.5
    2 9
    5 10
  END
    STYLE 1 8 1 18 END
    GAP -99 # doesn't work
END

I read in docu http://mapserver.org/mapfile/symbol.html that:

"When drawing the symbol along a line segment, a negative GAP will will add 180 degress to the angle. The TrueType and PixMap symbols are always oriented along the line."

My layer definiton is:

LAYER
  NAME testtest
  STATUS on
  TYPE line
  TRANSFORM false
  FEATURE
    WKT "LINESTRING (0 0, 100 100, 0 100)"
  END
  CLASS

    STYLE
        #ANGLE AUTO
        SYMBOL "testsymbol"
        COLOR 0 255 0
        #SIZE    8
    END
  END
END

Does vectorsymbol play with negative GAP parameter?
Bartek