Johan,

It is indeed not enabled by default and this flag hasn't been added to
nmake.opt (this may be reported as a ticket which should be fixed).
If you are using the build SDKs <http://vbkto.dyndns.org/sdk/> I've just
added this flag to the builds (will be available in the next build
tomorrow).

If you prefer to compile this by using the SDK packages just replace the
row:

*echo CURL=-DUSE_CURL >> $(OUTPUT_DIR)\mapserver.opt
*with
*echo CURL=-DUSE_CURL -DCURLOPT_PROXYAUTH >> $(OUTPUT_DIR)\mapserver.opt*
in the Makefile.

I hope that will help.

Best regards,

Tamas