On 11-05-20 2:35 PM, Rob McCulley wrote:
I’m trying to upgrade to Mapserver 6, but I’m having some difficulty
with my PostGIS layers. I’ve made all of the style / symbology changes
required by Version 6, as well as adding the “wms_enable_request” “*”
line to the WEB section. My raster and shapefile layers work fine. Any
mapfile that has a postgis layer won’t work at all. On a GetCapabilities
request, the cgi executable just churns away at 100% CPU usage, but
never produces a result. A GetMap request produces the same result. I
running on windows 7, and I’ve tried the binaries from both MS4W as well
as the ones available from Tamas. I also tried to roll my own, but all
returned the same results.

It doesn’t appear to be a problem with the mapfile or the postgis
access, because shp2img produces images just fine. It’s only WMS
requests that don’t work.

An example mapfile is below. It works fine with shp2img, but hangs on
any WMS request.

I just tested a postgis layer (PostgreSQL 8.4.1, PostGIS 1.4.0) displayed in MapServer 6.0.0 with MS4W 3.0.2 (and the 6.0 add-on), and I have no problems with a WMS GetCapabilities request.

My advice is to install this on a fresh machine and re-test (maybe another PG dll is being used by mistake or something). And also follow each step suggested by Daniel.

Happy long weekend to all in Canada.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna