On 11-05-26 05:01 PM, Mark Korver wrote:
I would think that the thinking here is that a server only scales well
to some number of concurrent requests.  That beyond that number, all
requests suffer.  In this case it's better to queue the requests
rather than try to process them, meaning queuing improves performance
overall.

Folks,

I will just note that Apache + FastCGI makes it pretty easy to
limit the number of concurrent requests being processed and when
saturated the new requests are queued.  I presume they would timeout
after a while if there is just too much traffic.

Best regards,