Thank you, Thomas.   Are there
any workarounds for this problem? Is there  'best
practices' for the problem?   Maybe unvisible layer or other?
06.06.2011, 17:35, "thomas bonfort [via OSGeo.org]"
<ml-node+6445146-1155722530-338...@n2.nabble.com>: The status has not
changed: label follow with offset is not supported. regards, thomas On Mon, Jun
6, 2011 at 15:33, uvg < [hidden email] > wrote: > Hi all! > Sorry
for my bad English. > > I am trying to achieve is a label that follows
the rivers that is also > OFFSET so that > the label does not
 'above' on the line for the river. > > Sample code of mapfile: >
>  LABEL >          COLOR 0 40 255 >
         FONT  "arial-italic" >
     TYPE truetype >          SIZE 7
>          OFFSET 5 0 >
   ANGLE FOLLOW >          POSITION LC
>          FORCE true >
   PARTIALS FALSE > >      END > >
"OFFSET"  does not work. > How can I offset a label? > > I found
a message posted for a long time: >
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/label-FOLLOW-and-OFFSET-td2251280.html
> > Maybe this problem is already solved? > > -- > View this
message in context:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/ANGLE-FOLLOW-and-Label-Offset-v-5-6-6-tp6445138p6445138.html