If you don't give a class a name it won't show up in a legend. When you say
"and explain the colors at the bottom", I'm hoping you mean outside the
MapServer-generated legend.

Steve

From: mapserver-users-boun...@lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapserver-users-boun...@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Bistrais, Bob
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 12:37 PM
To: mapserver-users@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [mapserver-users] Hide certain symbols from legend

Here's one that I thought I remembered seeing somewhere, but can't figure it
out.  I want to be able to hide certain classes from displaying in the legend.

I have a layer that depicts public facilities.  I use different colors to show
if each facility has a certain service, or does not.  This results in a lot of
redundant symbols, just of different colors.  I'd like to show the symbols just
once per symbol type, and explain the colors at the bottom.  Can this be done,
or am I imagining things (again)?