Have a look at GeoMoose Feature Editor (http://www.geomoose.org/docs/feature_editor.html). It uses OpenLayers for client-side editing of feature geometry, passes the result to server-side scripting for inserting into PostGIS. The features are then displayed using a Mapserver layer.

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser