Hi Thomas

You could try to reduce the image size using 8bit PNGs, see the 3rd output format in http://mapserver.org/mapfile/outputformat.html.

Peter

On 04/12/2012 06:20 AM, Thomas Joseph wrote:

We have recently upgraded from Mapserver 5.7 to 6.0 and although the AGG anti-alias lines look great the output image size has increased significantly from the previous rendering without anti-alias. I was just wondering if there is a way to turn off the anti-alias for polyline rendering in Mapserver 6.0. From the documentation it appeared that the previous GD driver did not include anti-alias by default. We have attempted to switch the outputformat from the new default AGG to the previous GD driver using the outputformat directive in the map file as shown below. This changed the image size slightly suggesting that mapserver was using a different driver to render, however the lines were still rendered with anti-alias on and the image was still relatively large compared to previous mapserver verison.

OUTPUTFORMAT

  NAME "GDpng"

  DRIVER GD/PNG

  MIMETYPE "image/png"

  IMAGEMODE RGB

  EXTENSION "png"

END

Previously in Mapserver 5.7 we did not specify an outputformat we simply used IMAGETYPE PNG24 and the output was generated without anti-alias. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If you need additional information let me know.

tom

THIS EMAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL. Its use or disclosure by any person other than the addressee is unauthorised. Anyone other than the intended recipient must not rely on the content of this email or any attachment to it. The sender cannot guarantee that this email or any attachment to it is free of computer viruses or other conditions which may damage or interfere with other computer systems.

Peter Hopfgartner
http://www.r3-gis.com