On Jul 4, 2012, at 6:03 AM, Wang, Ya wrote:

> Mike:
> Thank you very much for the sharing. It is really great information. I have
> another question now.  How does MapServer compare with ArcGIS server in terms
> of providing API or service layers to support the enthusiasm of the online
> development community?
> ..

Why don't you summarize for us how and what ArcGIS Server provides in terms of
"API or service layers" and how it supports the enthusiasm of its online
development community? That knowledge would benefit several of us, I believe.

Also, try asking the same question on the ArcGIS Server email list, if there is
one, and then summarize the responses you get there. I would be very curious to
read those.

Finally, wrt MapServer's programming hooks and APIs, have you visited the docs
at http://mapserver.org? Lots of great, entirely community developed
information there. Remember, no one owns MapServer -- you and I and others and
everyone owns it.

--
Puneet Kishor