Hi,

This request sends XML with just selected properties

http://hip.latuviitta.org/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=GetFeature&typename=lv:mml_railway&BBOX=246700,6780800,436400,6924000&propertyname=sahko,the_geom&maxfeatures=1

The same request with Json outpurformat gives all the properties
http://hip.latuviitta.org/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=GetFeature&typename=lv:mml_railway&BBOX=246700,6780800,436400,6924000&propertyname=sahko,the_geom&maxfeatures=1&outputformat=application/json

Tested with TinyOWS 1.1.0 on Linux Ubuntu, PostgreSQL 9.0 and PostGIS 1.5.

Note that links probably work I have returned an older TinyOWS version on my
server.  Behaviour with json is the same, though.  Shortened json would be most
needed when using WFS for plain attribute queries like "What is this parcel"
when the geometry of the parcel is unnecessary and the name and reference
number would be enough.

-Jukka Rahkonen-