Hi,

Great idea. How about trying to show that the “OSGeo umbrella” could mean
something real? Geoserver has a set of vectors and rasters in the “data_dir”
directory of the standard delivery and I believe that the IP rights of those
have been checked. Deegree has also four demo workspaces and download links
seem to be here
http://download.deegree.org/documentation/3.2.2/html/lightly.html.  For my mind
using the same demo datasets than at least one other project would be better
than having our own. I volunteer to help with writing/testing the mapfiles.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Tamas Szekeres wrote:

Hi All,

I'm about to extend my MapServer IIS installer with some optional mapfile/data
to demonstrate that the installed application is working. Do we have some kind
of official demo/data for MapServer which is expected to work with all
mapserver versions? In my understanding that kind of data should also coexist
in github (just like for msautotest) with the corresponding branches and the
map configuration(s)/data should always be adjusted according to the recent
changes in the MapServer codebase.

For example the itasca demo would be a good candidate, but it doesn't seem work
with the current MapServer release due to the configured ANNOTATION layers.

Such kind of up to date demo should also go to osgeo4w which has already been
supported with the latest stable/daily builds of MapServer.

Best regards,

Tamas