From: Rahkonen Jukka (MML) [mailto:jukka.rahko...@maanmittauslaitos.fi]
Sent: den 9 februari 2015 12:03
To: Schylberg Lars; mapserver-users@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [mapserver-users] [EXTERNAL] WMS SRS as variable

Hi,

Ok, I start to understand little by little. It is not about making your
Mapserver to support several SRS in output, it is about making your Mapserver
to send GetMaps to cascaded remote WMS services by using the most reasonable
SRS in the request, that is, usually the same SRS as used for output so that
Mapserver does not need to do interim warping.

I suggest to include enough from the mapfile for making the questions and
answers understandable. Let's take this sample from
http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_client.html

LAYER
  NAME "country_bounds"
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS ON
  CONNECTION "http://demo.mapserver.org/cgi-bin/wms?";
  CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
  METADATA
    "wms_srs"             "EPSG:4326"     #<=== THIS CAN BE A SPACE SEPARATED
LIST
    "wms_name"            "country_bounds"
    "wms_server_version"  "1.1.1"
    "wms_format"          "image/gif"
  END
END

You would like to use variable substitution in "wms_srs" "EPSG:%srs%". That is
not possible because there are only a few places where substitutions can be
used. See http://mapserver.org/cgi/runsub.html and Parameters supported.
However, if you want to support output in 'EPSG:32633 EPSG:3006 EPSG:900913
EPSG:4326' you can use the same list in the "wms_srs" metadata item of the
cascaded WMS layer. Then if you want output in EPSG:32633 Mapserver will use
the same SRS in GetMaps that it is creating and I suppose that it is your goal.

Be aware with EPSG:900913, recent Mapservers do not support it out-of-the-box
but you must edit the epsg projection file manually. It would better to use
EPSG:3857 instead but then the remote WMS should also understand the meaning of
EPSG:3857 .

If request rewriting is absolutely needed, like you want to send out EPSG:3857
but remote WMS understands only EPSG:900913 or you need to do some other
tailored mapping between the codes, then I suppose you should  use some
miraculous mapscript for rewriting the mapfile.

-Jukka Rahkonen-