Hmm, but it was only working with one layer in my 6.4.2 mapserver here. If i was requesting more than one layer, mapserver crashed. I had to made a patch for the mapwmslayer.c, so now it's working for all layers in my cascading service. If it's not fixed in mapserver 7 (i can not test at the moment) i can provide a patch based on the 6.4.2 Version.

regards Holger