maybe multilabel can help

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-users/2014-March/076167.html

--
simon mercier
mapgears

On 16-05-12 06:56 PM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
Can you do that by defining multiple circles and offsetting the position of each by the diameter of the circle from the last position?

On 5/12/2016 5:26 PM, Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) wrote:
All,

Anyone know of a trick for labeling in MapServer with balloon chains.
 Something like the chain of balloons in the lower right corner of this
image:

http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/images/GUID-1DABE29E-AA77-41CD-9C6D-9796F195C6F1.png

I have a bunch of potential conditions for a single point for labeling
 but not all conditions apply all of the time.  I wonder if a symbol
font would work somehow.

I could possibly fake something with a feature draw from the return (I
think), but I believe it would be convoluted.

bobb

then you win.”
-  Mahatma Gandhi

---