Hello community!
        I use Mapserver 7.0.7 in ms4w 3.2.3 package on Win Server 2012 R2. Now i
tried to generate a simple mapfile in utf8 encoding with this layer:

        LAYER Name "freiflaechen" DATA
"C:Vektordatenfreiflächenfreiflä_zusammen.shp" TYPE polygon STATUS on
CLASS COLOR 102 185 120 END END

        Unfortunately it doesn't work because there a some special character in
the path and in the file name. So if i change the encoding of my mapfile to
LATIN1, everything works fine. Also if i remove the special character from
the path and in file name. But i look for a clean solutuion. I have many
files to be shown with mapserver that have special characters and i want to
handle my mapfile in the prescribe utf8 encoding.
        Any ideas?
        Best regards
        Evgeni Tcherkasski