From: mapserver-users <mapserver-users-boun...@lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of
Thomas Horner <haevite...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2019 1:09:18 PM
To: mapserver-users@lists.osgeo.org <mapserver-users@lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: [mapserver-users] Mapserver no longer reading pgpass file?

This message may be from an external email source.
Do not select links or open attachments unless verified. Report all suspicious
emails to Minnesota IT Services Security Operations Center.

Hi List,

My MapServer mapfiles have been set up to read a Postgres connection with

`PG:host=... post=... dbname=...` etc for some time now.

I upgraded the packages on my linux box and the mapfiles no longer work (error
when connecting to postgres). However, running gdalinfo "PG:host... ..." using
the exact same connection string works fine.

I realized that it's an authentication issue as the mapfiles work fine again
when I add password=... to the connection string.

I have a pgpass file in the cgi-bin, and one in my home directory which is
referenced with the PGPASS environment variable. Why would mapserver suddenly
not provide the correct password or consume the pgpass file anymore? Does it
need to be somewhere else? Why does it work fine with gdalinfo without the
password?

Thanks,
Thomas