Here it is in action: https://ms4w.dev/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/ticket-nasa-goddard-space-flight-center/test.map&mode=browse&template=openlayers&layers=all

And you can add the WMS service into your local QGIS as a new WMS layer using this url: https://ms4w.dev/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/ticket-nasa-goddard-space-flight-center/test.map

I'd recommend just starting with that mapfile locally, generate a map image with a local 'shp2img' command, then test through the WMS service in a client.

Hope that helps.  Cheers from the east coast of Canada,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
https://gatewaygeomatics.com/

On 2020-04-14 12:43 p.m., Radov, Asen (GSFC-619.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND] wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to display a RGB file, but with no success.

I was able to successfully display the RGB file in this example:https://demo.mapserver.org/tutorial/example1-5.html

At this point, I think there is an issue with the file, maybe it is missing some geo location information, but I am not sure.

Can someone double check if they can display this file? Any help is appreciated.

Here is a link to it, since attaching It breaks the size limit:

LC8_015030_20190727_rgb.tif <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1giMI5OPLU6SJZUhkK0ZxfySKSMP88G6G/view>

Here is my map file for reference:

MAP

   IMAGETYPE PNG

   EXTENT -180 -90 180 90

   SIZE           256 256

   SHAPEPATH      "/tis/stream/data"

   # The regular expression below will match 1 or more letters followed by

   # underscore followed by 1 or more numeric characters

   DATAPATTERN    "[a-z]+|_|[0-9]+"

   IMAGECOLOR     255 255 255

   CONFIG "MS_ERRORFILE" "/usr/local/error.log"

   DEBUG 5

   SymbolSet "symbols/symbols.sym"

   OUTPUTFORMAT

     NAME "png"

     DRIVER "AGG/PNG"

     MIMETYPE "image/PNG"

     IMAGEMODE RGBA

     TRANSPARENT ON

     EXTENSION "png"

     FORMATOPTION "COMPRESSION=1"

   END

   PROJECTION

     "init=epsg:4326"

   END

   WEB

     METADATA

       "wms_title"     "WMS STREAM Server"  ##required

      "wms_onlineresource" "http://localhost:8181/cgi-bin/mapserv?"; ##required

       "wms_srs"       "EPSG:4326"  ##recommended

       "wms_enable_request" "*"   ##necessary

     END

   END # Web

   LAYER

     NAME "rgb1"

     DATA ""

     PROCESSING "BANDS=1,2,3"

     TYPE RASTER

     STATUS ON

     DEBUG 5

     PROJECTION

       "init=epsg:4326"

     END

     METADATA

         wms_title "Tss range 0-1 layer"

         wms_srs "epsg:4326"

         wms_extent "-180 -90 180 90"

     END

   END

END

/Thank you, /

/Asen Radov/

//

/NASA Goddard Space Flight Center / Code 619/

/Phone: 301-614-6517/

/E-mail: asen.s.ra...@nasa.gov <mailto:asen.s.ra...@nasa.gov>/