Hi all!

The MapServer project steering committee met yesterday online, and one of the agenda items was that we discussed the upcoming 8.0 release, as well as an upcoming 7.6.2 release; I feel that now is a good opportunity for all interested community members to dive in and help. Here is a summary of the plans:

7.6.2 release:

  Fri Dec 4

8.0 plan:

  Feature freeze: Fri. March 5, 2021
  8.0-beta1:      Fri. March 12, 2021
  8.0-beta2:      Fri. March 19, 2021
  8.0-rc1:        Fri. March 26, 2021
  8.0 (final):    Fri. April 2, 2021

The wiki has a detailed list of the major items for 8.0 : https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/MapServer-8.0-Release-Plan

Or you can also follow the exact tickets through the milestones on Github: https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/milestones

Please join in and help with the 8.0 release (and 7.6.2) by however you can (testing, feedback/ideas, coding, documentation). If you notice a ticket that you want included please give it a polite 'nudge' or 'bump' on Github, we want to hear from you, your feedback is important. thanks!

/PSC