Sorry for posting twice. Thought I used the wrong email address initially, but someone let me through. Responding from the adress I have subscribed.

I found a workaround at the pygeoapi OGR Provider side (which functions as a WFS client and accepts GDAL config settings):

                'GDAL_HTTP_VERSION': '1.1'

forcing the curl-lib in GDAL/OGR to use HTTP 1.1 (i.s.o. 2).
Basically the same as "curl --http1.1 ....", as below.

Still, I think a (config) fix is needed on the MS demo server frontend, which runs nginx AFAICS.

Best,

Just van den Broecke