Hi, all. This is NOT your usual "why does my query template" not work question. At least I hope I've beyond that. :)

The map URL:
http://maps.hostgis.com/cincoenergy/XTO/
Login:  hostgis / hostgis
(yes, all layers off by default is intentional)
Turn on the Tracts layer.

The problem:
Use the Get Info tool and click the map to query the Tracts layer.
Chances are that "msQueryByPoint(): Search returned no results."

But if you keep clicking around, there are a few spots where it does work. For example, the larger blue parcel near the center: only the northeast side of this parcel can be queried. The angular orange parcel to the south of center: one can click-query at the vertex where the parcel curves, but not elsewhere.

Any thoughts on why querying this layer would exhibit such odd behavior?

Other information:

The locations which work stay the same between numerous queries and page reloads. It is not an intermittent problem, but is consistent.

This same application (with different data and locations) works perfectly, clicking and querying just fine. The URLs being generated by the clicks are pretty straightforward:
/cgi-bin/mapserv?mode=query&map=/maps/cincoenergy/XTO/mapfile.map&imgext=3744617.200913247+3949835.6361420923+3753465.8228735304+3956941.3477162593&imgxy=447+306&imgbox=447+306+447+306&imgsize=660+530&layers=Tracts]

The mapfile's layer entry is a polygon layer, with a query template defined. When it works, it works great. So I doubt that it's an issue in the mapfile.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

 only if you can restore." - AMANDA