        -----Original Message-----
        From: UMN MapServer Users List
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of drk mattr
        Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 2:39 PM
        To: MAPSERVER-USERS@LISTS.UMN.EDU
        Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] MapServer Beginner Stuck

        I've been following MapServer from afar on James Fee's blog and
I've finally decided to take the plunge.  I'm a long time ArcIMS
developer so these concepts in MapServer aren't that far off from what
I'm used to doing, but I have to admit I'm at a loss at getting my first
WMS service up and running.

        I installed MS4W and have that running.  The Demo runs
perfectly, but when I try and create my own .map file, I seem to have
hit a wall.  This is the contents of my mapfile.

        MAP
            NAME Installation
            SIZE 800 500
            IMAGECOLOR 240 240 240
            EXTENT 582919.88200 4182989.235900 610195.822000
4207241.321900
            UNITS METERS
            PROJECTION
              "init=EPSG:32616"
            END
            WEB
                IMAGEPATH "/ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp/"
                IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"
            END

         LAYER
          NAME "Installation"
          TYPE POLYGON
          STATUS ON
          DATA "Installation_Area.shp"

          CLASS
           NAME 'Installation'
           OUTLINECOLOR 60 60 60
           COLOR 255 255 0
           SYMBOL 0
          END
         END
        END

        Now when I test it, I get a blank grey background.

http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?MAP=/ms4w/apache/htdocs/test/t
est.map&mode=map

        I'm sure there is something here I'm overlooking, but I just
can't seem to debug it.  Any direction would be wonderful.

        Thanks,

        David

        Boo! Scare away worms, viruses and so much more! Try Windows
Live OneCare! Try now!
<http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/purchase/trial.aspx?s_cid=wl_hot
mailnews>