Hi Kentoku,

thanks for implementing these requests. Technically it looks much better now.
Though I believe it is a good idea to keep mdl private classes private. I think
we should add logics of i_s_metadata_lock_info_fill_table() to mdl.cc. I'll do
that and get back to you when ready.

More comments inline.

On Fri, Nov 01, 2013 at 05:28:32AM +0900, kentoku wrote:
> Hi Sergey and Roberto,
>
> Thank you for reviewing and suggesting!
> Currently, branch is the following.
> lp:~kentokushiba/maria/10.0.4-metadata_lock_info
>
> > The most important thing I'm worried about is that there is no protection
> > of ticket lists: lists may be updated while we iterate them and it may
> cause
> > server crash in concurrent environment. From what I can see MDL_context is
> > mostly supposed to be accessed only by thread which owns this context. As
> such
> > it is not protected by any locks.
> >
> > I believe we should use global lists instead, something like:
> >   mysql_mutex_lock(&mdl_locks.m_mutex);
> >   iterate mdl_locks.m_locks (hash of MDL_lock)
> >   {
> >     mysql_prlock_rdlock(&lock->m_rwlock);
> >     iterate lock->m_granted (list of MDL_ticket)
> >     {
> >       // store data
> >     }
> >     mysql_prlock_unlock(&lock->m_rwlock);
> >   }
> >   mysql_mutex_lock(&mdl_locks.m_mutex);
>
> Fixed.
>
> > A few more suggestions in no particular order:
> > - instead of making m_tickets public I'd suggest to try to make
> >   i_s_metadata_lock_info_fill_table() a friend function
> >   (shouldn't be relevant anymore)
>
> Fixed.
>
> > - why check for thd->killed?
> >   (shouldn't be relevant anymore)
>
> Fixed.
>
> > - metadata_lock_info_lock_mode_length[] includes ending zero, and then
> >   we store e.g. "MDL_SHARED\0" whereas we should store "MDL_SHARED"
> >
> >   I'd suggest to declare these arrays as following:
> >   static const LEX_STRING metadata_lock_info_lock_mode_str[]=
> >   {
> >     STRING_WITH_LEN("MDL_INTENTION_EXCLUSIVE"), // or C_STRING_WITH_LEN()
> >   };
>
> Fixed.
>
> > - Roberto suggests to rename ID to THREAD_ID and I agree
>
> Fixed.
>
> > - Roberto suggests to add QUERY_ID column and I agree
>
> Not fixed. Where can I get locker's QUERY_ID?
It is mdl_ctx->get_owner()->get_thd()->query_id.

> > - Roberto suggests to add LOCK_DURATION column and I agree
>
> Fixed. If calling find_ticket() for getting LOCK_DURATION is costly, I will
> change it. Please review it.
It's a bit heavy indeed. What is the other option you're considering?

Regards,
Sergey