On 16.05.2016 16:05, Sergei Golubchik wrote:
Hi, Oleksandr!

On May 16, Oleksandr Byelkin wrote:
That's different. See:

     CREATE VIEW v1 AS SELECT * FROM t1 FOR UPDATE;
     SELECT * FROM v1, t2;

This is different from

     SELECT * FROM t1, t2 FOR UPDATE;

the first locks only t1, the second - both t1 and t2.
meant, what the user expectations could be.
Yes, but they are against at least standard, and we should think a lot
before implement yet another non-standard feature.
Sure. FOR UPDATE, LOCK IN SHARE MODE, and clauses I've mentioned in
another email are all non-standard.

The question is not about implementing another non-standard feature,
but about how the combination of existing features should work.

This is a tradeoff between the principle of the least surprise, how much
effort we want to put into this, and whether there's anyone who expects
it to work :)
OK, but you have not answered question about priority, because both has sense (at least for me).