Hello Igor,

Trying to capture the input from the last call.

Currently class Unique is using RB-Tree for its in-memory storage. RB-Tree is
implemented by struct TREE and tree_XXX() functions (further I'll refer to them
both as just "TREE").

It is possible to get Unique to use some other data structure for its in-memory
storage. The most obvious candidate is a hash table.  (There are currently no
plans to do this, though).

So, your request was that

- An interface is developed for in-memory storage (let's refer to it as
  Unique::MemStorage)

- An implementation of this interface is developed that uses TREE. (We
  can't change the TREE itself as it is used in multple places).

Is this really the intent?

Please clarify.

My reaction is that the above described change does not seem to have any
relevance to MDEV-21829.

MDEV-21829 is about supporting variable-length keys, not about changing, or
preparing to change Unique::MemStorage.

BR
 Sergei
--